Jill over at Breaking the Spine started this and I believe that it's awesome" This blog post is to alert those that visit about "the" book that we cannot wait to get our hands on.

Today I have selected a novel that immediately grabbed my attention and in honor of this month of October I believe it fits the spooky factor. One look at the book cover and I was transfixed, amazed at how wicked creepy it was (see, I am such a cover coveter).Then I read the snyopsis and was a total goner.

01/26/12

THE PLEASURES OF MEN

by Kate Williams

ISBN-13: 978-0241951392

Spitalfields, 1840.
Catherine Sorgeiul lives with her Uncle in a rambling house in London's East End. She has few companions and little to occupy the days beyond her own colourful imagination. But then a murderer strikes, ripping open the chests of young girls and stuffing hair into their mouths to resemble a beak, leading the press to christen him The Man of Crows. And as Catherine hungrily devours the news, she finds she can channel the voices of the dead ... and comes to believe she will eventually channel The Man of Crows himself.

But the murders continue to panic the city and Catherine gradually realizes she is snared in a deadly trap, where nothing is as it first appears ... and lurking behind the lies Catherine has been told are secrets more deadly and devastating than anything her imagination can conjure.

With an elegant style and thrilling plot, The Pleasures of Men reveals the dark, beating heart of corrupt London during Queen Victoria's reign.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?

5 comments on "Waiting on Wednesday: The Pleasures of Men by Kate Williams"

Jessica@a GREAT read wrote: October 12, 2011 at 5:24 AM

Haven't heard of this one! Hope you love it once it releases!!

Here's my WoW

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Casey wrote: October 12, 2011 at 7:03 AM

I haven't heard of this one but it sounds fantastic! Adding to my wishlist. Great pick

Becky wrote: October 12, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I haven't heard of this one but it sounds awesome! I will looking forward to this one too. Great pick.

Mad Scientist wrote: October 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I have seen info on this one but I must admit that it is something that will be right in my bookish area of need. :) It looks like a great book!

Mad Scientist

StephanieD wrote: October 14, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Stunned by this deliciously creepy cover. I'll be looking out for this little gem!

JANDY NELSON, NINA LaCOUR and STEPHANIE KUEHN

SARA FARIZAN
Books Inc. on Market St.

JAMES FREY with John Hanke, VP of Google's Niantic Lab
Saturday, October 11 @ 6pm

BECCA FITZPATRICK, CHRISTINA LAUREN & KIERSTEN WHITE

LITQUAKE: Why YA is good for the Mind, Body and Soul with Lana Adlwan, Hannah Jayne, Tim J Myers, Jandy Nelson and Mitali Perkins
Hotel Rex in San Francisco
Sunday, October 12 @ 3:30

FIERCE READS TOUR with GENNIFER ALBIN, NIKKI KELLY, JESSICA BRODY and MARISSA MEYER
Monday, October 13 @ 6:30pm

PAOLO BACIGALUPI and A.S. KING
Bookshop Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz

MICHELLE GAGNON with Cara Black, Juliet Blackwell and Susan C. Shea
Borderlands Books in SF
Saturday, October 18 @7:15-8:15pm

KENDARE BLAKE
Saturday, October 25 @ 4-5:30pm
(it is appreciated if you RSVP in advance so they can provide seats and plan for aromatherapy supplies!)

GIVEAWAY'S